Mission, Values & Goals
Imaginary Gardens Literary & Arts Review is a cooperative, multimedia, interdisciplinary, and multicampus journal representing the students and alumni of Pellissippi State Community College.
Imaginary Gardens maintains core values that direct its day-to-day operations and long-term vision. The Journal will:
- Focus on inviting and maintaining diversity both on editorial staff and in publication choices.
- Create an inclusive work space for all campuses.
- Prioritize accessibility for all students and readers.
- Celebrate student excellence.
Imaginary Gardens has several key goals that fulfill its mission and that support it’s core values. These include:
- Offer a publication platform for student creatives.
- Preserve student work in an online archival repository.
- Provide an accessible version of the publication.
- Maintain an active connection to alumni.
- Provide hands-on, real-world work experience for student-editors.
- Empower student-editors to make key editorial and management decisions.
- Create a supportive and enriching team atmosphere for student-editors.